Ongoing Engineering Vacancy – DSS Level 2
This duty statement is an example of the skills and responsibilities expected at DSS Level 2 – Engineering. If you believe you have the requisite skills, please apply for this role and we’ll get in touch with you.
Example Responsibilities and Knowledge Areas:
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of and adherence to relevant legislative frameworks, government decision-making, and Defence’s mission and policy mandates.
- Retain some discretion regarding the interpretation and application of legislation, procedures, and guidelines to their tasks.
2. Contract Management:
- Offer constructive feedback on ASDEFCON contract deliverables, encompassing various Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs).
- Contribute Engineering insights to stream Leads during system and design package reviews, preluding MSRs and Design Acceptance activities.
3. Systems Engineering Specific:
- Support the formulation and review of Project/Program Engineering Plans, Procedures, and Processes.
- Contribute to technical risk evaluations.
- Render Specialist Engineering Advice to facilitate stream tasks and oversee project risk and cost.
- Assist with safety risk management tasks, developing Hazard Logs and Safety Case Reports within the System Safety Program Plan.
- Aid with Interface Management of systems and sub-systems, managing Interface Control and Description documents.
- Collaborate in support and management of Verification, Validation, including Test and Evaluation.
- Participate in Engineering Working Groups alongside various stakeholders.
- Bear responsibility for any designated engineering authorities and Technical Regulatory Authority delegations.
- Implement Engineering Configuration Changes to the Function and Performance Specifications (FPS) and related documentation as per stream lead directives.
- Provide specialist insights into the Operational Concept Document (OCD) drafting.
- Execute other Engineering tasks as instructed by the work stream Lead.
- Enforce an Engineering Management System with related processes to ensure project and system output delivery.
- Appraise technical and design packages, conducting subsequent actions.
- Validate that the procured materiel aligns with requirements, legislation, policy, and regulatory frameworks, implementing necessary actions.
- Cultivate and sustain connections with pivotal stakeholders at strategic and operational tiers.
- Engage in Review processes.
- Oversee a team, delineating work priorities, assigning tasks, and managing workflows and performance.
- Draft replies to correspondence, briefs, and reports for higher authority review.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- Embark on research and analysis projects.
- Disseminate information, supervise work practices, set work benchmarks, and devise local procedures.
- Proficiency in executing an Engineering Management System with pertinent processes to ensure project and system output delivery.
- Comprehensive understanding of CASG Configuration Management Systems and policy.
- In-depth knowledge of CASG Quality Management Systems and policy.
- Wide-ranging Engineering experience including Training, Facilities, Maintenance, Verification and Validation, RAM, Configuration Control, and Support Systems.
- Proven track record of teamwork in intricate settings.
- Exceptional communication skills, excelling in customer engagement and stakeholder relationship building.
- Ability to evaluate alternative solutions in the formulation and deployment of Engineering Concepts and Plans.
- Knowledge of CASG Acquisition project mandates.
- Strategic thinking aptitude with prowess in identifying project risks and opportunities.
- Completed CASG mandatory trainings like Workplace Behaviour, Security Awareness, WHS for Workers, Fraud & Integrity Awareness.
- Skills to convey information effectively, guiding decision-making processes of Project Managers and senior personnel.
- Engage and interact with stakeholders to address, respond, and counsel on matters to achieve Defence objectives.
- Ability to articulate engineering prerequisites through extensive written documents and verbal presentations.
- Cert IV/Diploma in Engineering.
- 4-year Bachelor or Honours degree in Engineering.
- DOORS training.
- Specialisation Courses:
- Test and Evaluation practitioner.
- Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RAM) course.
Systems and Software Engineering - Systems Engineering
DSS Level 2
Clearance Level Required:
Baseline, NV1, NV2, PV, Unspecified
ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA, Unspecified
Evaluation criteria response required for submission?