Ongoing PM Vacancy – DSS Level 4
This duty statement is an example of the skills and responsibilities expected at DSS Level 4 – Project Management. If you believe you have the requisite skills, please apply for this role and we’ll get in touch with you.
- Initiate a centralised PMO function and service to back individual projects and product lines and offer a program-level management perspective.
- Set up and oversee a program-level Integrated Master Schedule.
- Design a program view of Fundamental Inputs to Capability (FIC) elements to guarantee the Program outcomes align with Epochs.
- Recognise and manage Program-level risks and issues.
- Observe, analyse, and report on Program performance towards hitting agreed capability target states.
- Employ dashboards, reports, and data analytics rooted in trusted data to support evidence-driven decisions.
- Handle Program-level information and stakeholder communications, ensuring transparency on progress, key decisions, risks, issues, and opportunities.
- Guide the incorporation of standard processes and tools throughout the Program.
- Recommend and assist in applying agile project management methodologies across the Program.
- Confirm that assurance activities across the Program adhere to the necessary standards.
- Guide and train Commonwealth project management personnel.
- Register Program-level lessons learned as a component of ongoing improvement endeavours.
- Ability to communicate with tact and influence, nurture productive associations, and achieve set objectives.
- Proficient in liaising with diverse stakeholders, recognising the significance of service delivery and adhering to deadlines.
- A self-driven individual who epitomises professionalism, flourishes in leadership capacities, and tackles intricate challenges head-on.
- Possesses team leadership qualities and has the capability to mentor personnel at every level.
- Owns refined project management talents rooted in a system of robust project controls.
- Demonstrated success in managing highly intricate projects.
- Achieves premium results via positive leadership and management.
- Can create project artefacts to a superior standard and possesses the ability to sway outcomes in a team setting.
- Over 10 years of experience in Capability Development.
- Postgraduate degrees in project management and/or systems engineering.
- Recognised project management credentials like PMP, PRINCE2, AgilePM, or Scrum.
- Diploma in Project Management.
- Diploma in Procurement & Contracting.
Project Management Services and Support
DSS Level 4
Clearance Level Required:
Baseline, NV1, NV2, PV, Unspecified
ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA, Unspecified
Evaluation criteria response required for submission?