Ongoing PM Vacancy – DSS Level 3
This duty statement is an example of the skills and responsibilities expected at DSS Level 3 – Project Management. If you believe you have the requisite skills, please apply for this role and we’ll get in touch with you.
- Leading, planning, developing, and delivering a gamut of project support, project control, and business management functions and activities.
- Coordinating monthly reporting using the Project Performance Review Information Platform (PPRIP).
- Heading the Integrated Project Risk Management Team to efficiently create, record, categorise, and report on project risks using the Predict! Risk management system.
- Management of external project data and information, e.g., Tender responses, Request For Information responses.
- Delivering professional and policy advice concerning intricate project work and contributing to the project’s strategic planning, management, governance, and reporting.
- Producing and supervising management reports.
- Assisting with complex procurement activities and Contract Management, including:
- Reviewing solicitation documentation and accompanying information.
- Aiding in the evaluation of industry responses to market approaches.
- Direct participation in the contract management of all designated projects.
- Having a proficient understanding of the ASDEFCON suite of contracts.
- Achieving project outcomes that adhere to relevant legislative, policy, and regulatory frameworks as well as Defence quality and configuration management systems.
- Overseeing and coordinating the project’s schedule and risk procedure.
- Managing project data and information via Defence systems like Objective, Capability One, PPRIP, and Predict.
- Supporting the management of project risks, issues, communications, and scope.
- Drafting and prepping briefs, intricate correspondence, reports, and submissions for board/committee review regarding project status.
- Preparing project documentation including:
- Integrated Project Management Plan
- Business Case
- Project Execution Strategy
- Risk Management Plan
- Finance Management Plan
- CDRL responses
- Contract Change Proposals (CCPs)
- Support to gate submission documentation
- Operational Concept Document
- Test and Evaluation Master Plan
- Systems Engineering Master Plan
- Technical Control Plan
- Project Certification Plan
- Managing standard business management functions to ensure the project team’s continual efficient administration.
- Overseeing the project finance tracker, which monitors the approved Government project budget, anticipated expenditure, and actual costs.
- Coordinating and monitoring Budget Estimates (BE) and Additional Estimates (AE) processes.
- Previous or current role in Project Support, Project Management, or a similar capacity.
- Team collaboration, applying established standards, procedures, and practices to manage project finances.
- Building and sustaining stakeholder relationships, efficient communication, and negotiation.
- Demonstrated business acumen with a knack for cultivating effective business relationships.
- Experience in a Defence CASG project environment.
- Comprehensive grasp of Defence processes and structure.
- Thorough understanding of the One Defence Capability System.
- A basic understanding of Defence project finances and their correlation with Defence Finance Group processes, such as the Budget and Output Reporting Information System (BORIS).
- Knowledge of the application of project management practices within intricate Defence acquisition projects.
- Experience in pre-acquisition project activities, including design, development, and tender evaluations.
- Postgraduate qualifications or equivalent experience in project management and/or systems engineering.
- Diploma of Project Management.
- Diploma of Procurement & Contracting.
- Recognised project management qualifications such as PMP, PRINCE2, AgilePM, or Scrum.
Project Management Services and Support
DSS Level 3
Clearance Level Required:
Baseline, NV1, NV2, PV, Unspecified
ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA, Unspecified
Evaluation criteria response required for submission?