Ongoing PM Vacancy – DSS Level 2
This duty statement is an example of the skills and responsibilities expected at DSS Level 2 – Project Management. If you believe you have the requisite skills, please apply for this role and we’ll get in touch with you.
- Provide professional and policy advice in line with legislation, contract management policies, processes, and procedures.
- Offer policy advice related to complex work.
- Engage in Program/Project management and policy development.
- Project Support Officer Specific:
- Collaborate with Commonwealth project team members and support clearance through the Defence capability gate reviews in line with the One Defence Capability System.
- Facilitate, create, and manage the delivery of acquisition and sustainment contracts.
- Handle and maintain the Project Management Schedule.
- Analyse, develop, and implement product management options.
- Draft and aid in the development of documents, under PM guidance, including but not limited to:
- Gate Submission documentation:
- Joint Capability Needs Statement
- Business Case
- Sponsors paper/Dot Point/Blue Brief
- Project Execution Strategy
- Integrated Project Management Plan
- Material Acquisition Agreement
- Other Project management documentation:
- CDRL responses (common and standalone)
- Contract Change Proposals (CCPs)
- Contract progress reports
- Commercial sensitive reports
- Project correspondence
- Gate Submission documentation:
- Manage all risks and issues linked with the project and report these to the PM as required.
- Handle risk and issues, organize workshops, maintain associated registers, and handle forward planning tasks.
- Other/General tasks depending on the project may include:
- Configuration management
- Change management
- Procurement activities
- Hardware and licensing requirements
- Contract management
- Asset management
- Organize Fundamental inputs to Capability.
- Contribute to strategic planning.
- Support Project or Program schedule development and management.
- Coordinate information flows, manage group email inboxes, and demonstrate proficiency with Objective.
- Familiarity with Defence software including but not limited to:
- Capability One
- SharePoint (listed twice in original, assuming once is sufficient)
- Record meetings and their minutes.
- Organize returns and set up agenda, presentations, rooms, and attendees for forums including IPMT, and Capability Management Boards.
- Support audits and Program governance activities.
- Handle task tracking and reporting.
- Undertake regular project reporting and management of dashboards, i.e., PPRIP, Roman.
- Engage in reviews, i.e., IARs.
- Knowledge of the One Defence Capability System.
- Proven experience of team collaboration in a multifaceted environment.
- Exceptional communication and customer interaction skills.
- Proficiency in negotiating and building relationships with stakeholders.
- Familiarity with CASG processes.
- Ability for strategic thinking and pinpointing risks.
- Demonstrate initiative in making well-informed risk-based decisions and problem-solving.
- Effective communication skills to inform and influence the decision-making of Project Managers and other senior personnel.
- Relevant project management qualifications such as PMP, PRINCE2, AgilePM, or Scrum.
- CLC – Defence Capability Lifecycle Management Course (Outdated).
- Defence writing.
Project Management Services and Support
DSS Level 2
Clearance Level Required:
Baseline, NV1, NV2, PV, Unspecified
ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA, Unspecified
Evaluation criteria response required for submission?