Ongoing ILS Vacancy – DSS Level 3
This duty statement is an example of the skills and responsibilities expected at DSS Level 3 – Integrated Logistics Support. If you believe you have the requisite skills, please apply for this role and we’ll get in touch with you.
- Contract Management:
- Support contract negotiations with Industry.
- Review for acceptance of contract deliverables within scope of competence.
- Preparation of tender and contract materials, including necessary supporting documentation.
- Scope, plan, coordinate, and perform a wide variety of ILS related tasks.
- Oversee and execute the project ILS Programme.
- Apply strategic logistic support concepts to product management.
- Develop and assess Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability artefacts.
- Manage Assets Under Construction (AUC) and asset impairment for the program.
- Support the development of future improvements, enhancements, and capabilities such as Pre-Gate 0 advice, input, and document preparation in consultation with key stakeholders.
- Assist in initiating and progressing engineering change proposals.
- Aid in the development or updates of Electrical Mechanical Engineering Instructions (EMEI) for various platforms and systems.
- Contribute to authoring and updating Complete Equipment Schedules (CES).
- Assist in developing new Illustrations for Repair Parts Scale (RPS) for designated platforms.
- Help with the modification and update of Repair Parts Scale (RPS) for chosen platforms.
- Plan and conduct technical investigations of platform and associated equipment.
- Interrogate Australian Defence logistic and configuration management databases like Military Integrated Logistics Information System (MILIS), Configuration Management Tool – Land (CMT-L), and MC Catalogue (MCCAT).
- Review documentation and technical information.
- Examine Task Analysis Report outputs in accordance with SoW, including tools, resources, skills, and adequacy of task detail and processes within Standard Activities.
- Assist the supply support manager in conducting data assurance activities related to spares, S&TE, and tools supporting SPPR and S&TPPR.
- Review the alignment between Maintenance development and Supply Support deliverables like APL, CMC, RPL, and LSA structures in support of Configuration Management and traceability to design.
- Lead and manage a small team of skilled ILS practitioners.
- Liaise with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Provide reasoned advice to Project Leadership on the ILS Programme.
- Deliver oral and written briefings to project/program leadership.
- Experience in developing project planning documents.
- Proven ability in managing and leading small teams.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and management.
- Robust written and verbal communication abilities.
- Experience in Logistics Support Analysis.
- Experience in Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability.
- Understanding of Lifecycle costing and Training systems.
- Awareness of Capability Lifecycle within Defence.
- Prior exposure to CASG acquisition projects/product management or familiarity with ASDEFCON templates.
- Knowledge of Support System resources and requirements.
- Working knowledge of Technical Publication Standards.
- Experience with Configuration and Change Management principles and tools relative to logistic support.
- Accountability for meeting allocated technical objectives.
- Direct experience in an ILS role within CASG (Project or SPO).
- Deep understanding of relevant Defence Logistics/ILS policy.
- Experience drafting Defence documents (e.g. logistics plan).
- CASG transition into service knowledge or experience.
- Proven track record in developing ILS products.
- Familiarity with Asset Management Standards, S series, and DEF(AUST) 5692 LSA records and data.
- Ability to interpret and produce consistent output using existing Support System development plans.
Example Qualifications & Courses:
- Formal qualifications in an ILS domain.
- Degree in a relevant field, such as Logistics Management, Sustainment, or Capability Management.
Project Management Services and Support
DSS Level 3
Clearance Level Required:
Baseline, NV1, NV2, PV, Unspecified
ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA, Unspecified
Evaluation criteria response required for submission?