Ongoing ILS Vacancy – DSS Level 2
This duty statement is an example of the skills and responsibilities expected at DSS Level 2 – Integrated Logistics Support. If you believe you have the requisite skills, please apply for this role and we’ll get in touch with you.
- Accountable to have a good understanding of and compliance with relevant legislative frameworks, government decision-making, and Defence’s mission and policy requirements.
- May exercise some discretion in interpreting and applying legislation, procedures, and guidelines to their work.
- Identify current Defence materiel logistics policies relevant to materiel logistics inventory and asset management activities.
- Contract Management:
- Develop and review ILS Plans, Processes, and Procedures, including ILS Instructions.
- Provide constructive feedback to the contractor/Prime on ASDEFCON contract deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of materiel logistics strategies and plans for information, communications, quality, and resources that back the fleet sustainment activity’s objectives.
- ILS specific:
- Assist in establishing, managing, and introducing logistics-related inputs to capability and coordinating industry partners’ work to deliver the necessary support system elements.
- Offer Specialist ILS Advice to achieve stream tasks and manage project risk and cost.
- Coordinate and execute tasks related to materiel logistics inventory, asset management, and Configuration Item Control.
- Complete other ILS tasks as directed by the work stream Lead.
- Support the implementation of policy, processes, and procedures that back materiel logistics inventory and asset management in line with Defence requirements.
- Recommend solutions for issues affecting materiel logistics inventory and asset management to reach desired results.
- Perform and achieve moderately complex materiel logistics inventory, asset management, and Configuration Item Control tasks within a combined workforce.
- Foster and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at both strategic and operational levels.
- Engage in Review processes.
- Oversee a team, be accountable for setting work priorities, allocating tasks, and managing workflows and performance.
- Draft responses to correspondence, briefs, and reports for higher delegate consideration.
- Mentor and train newer and less experienced team members.
- Undertake research and analysis activities.
- Share knowledge, oversee work practices, set work priorities, and formulate local procedures.
- Offer administrative support, guided by their knowledge of the Materiel Management function.
- Comprehensive ILS experience encompassing Training, Facilities, Maintenance, Reliability, Maintainability, Configuration Control, and Supply Support.
- Familiarity with the logistics management function’s methodology, systems, and procedures.
- Proven experience of team collaboration in a multifaceted environment.
- Outstanding communication and customer interaction skills; adept at negotiating and building relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to assess alternative solutions during the development and implementation of Integrated Logistics Support Concepts and Plans.
- Awareness of CASG Acquisition project requirements.
- Profound understanding of Defence’s logistics disciplines.
- Capacity for strategic thinking, pinpointing risks and opportunities across projects.
- Completion of CASG mandatory training: Workplace Behaviour, Security Awareness, WHS for Workers, Fraud & Integrity Awareness.
- Effective communication skills to inform and influence decision-making of Project Managers and other senior personnel.
- Foster and maintain productive relationships with both internal and external materiel logistics stakeholders; provide advice on moderately intricate operational and administrative matters to attain Defence objectives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to pinpoint, address, and offer advice on issues to achieve Defence results.
- Convey materiel logistics requirements via detailed documents and oral presentations for higher delegate consideration.
- Demonstrate initiative in making well-informed risk-based decisions and problem-solving.
- Support team members in achieving organisational objectives.
- Use logistic software tools, interpret data, and make decisions that promote effective results.
- Knowledge of the current Defence Industry, especially Defence inventory management systems, is highly regarded.
Example Qualifications & Courses:
- Material Logistic Introduction Course.
- Cert IV Logistic Management Standards (Desirable).
- Simple Procurement.
- Material Logistic Practitioner Course.
- MILIS courses.
Project Management Services and Support
DSS Level 2
Clearance Level Required:
Baseline, NV1, NV2, PV, Unspecified
ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA, Unspecified
Evaluation criteria response required for submission?